9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For City and County Residents
Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT)
2600 Buckman Rd.: adjacent to the old city landfill on 1686 Paseo de Vista
Do you have old cans of household chemicals or cleaning products sitting unused and forgotten around the house, in the garage or storage shed? Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency, City of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County and Keep Santa Fe Beautiful will be sponsoring the 10th Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on May 17 at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT). The majority of these household hazardous wastes will be recycled.
Household hazardous waste generally falls into six categories:
- Cleaning Products: kitchen cleaners, bathroom cleaners, drain cleaners, toilet cleaners, oven cleaners, furniture polishes, solvents, and aerosols.
- Auto Products: motor oil, gasoline, brake fluids, anti-freeze, transmission fluids, solvent cleaners, car batteries, starting fluids, and repair products.
- Home Improvement Products: oil-based paints, latex paints, stains, varnishes, paint thinners, chemical strippers, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, rechargeable batteries, insect repellents, lighter fluids, kerosene, and pool chemicals.
- Hobby Products: glue, paints, contact cement, and photographic chemicals.
Personal Care and Pharmaceuticals: nail polishes and removers, hair color, and non controlled prescription drugs.
- Lawn and Garden Care: weed killers, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and other lawn products.
The following materials will not be accepted at the HHW event: televisions, e-Waste, business or commercial waste, industrial waste, medical waste, explosives or ammunition, pressurized gas cylinders, propane and helium tanks, asbestos or radioactive materials.
For more information, call:
Keep Santa Fe Beautiful at 955-2215
Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency at 820-0208 or 424-1850
City of Santa Fe Solid Waste at 955-2200
Santa Fe County Solid Waste at 992-3025