Public, Private, Charter and Home-Schooled Students in Grades 1-6 Invited to Submit
Show Us that Saving Water is Always in Season
The City of Santa Fe Water Conservation Office invites all students in grades 1 through 6 to participate in the 11th Annual Children’s Water Conservation Poster Contest. This year’s theme is Saving Water is Always in Season. Students are encouraged to creatively express one point of view about the importance of saving water year-round. The entry deadline is November 22, 2013.
“Water conservation is a critical issue in Santa Fe and anyone of any age can be part of the solution,” said Laurie Trevizo, City of Santa Fe, Water Conservation Manager. “When we help children understand water as a resource, we get smarter water users,” Trevizo stated.
This year’s theme addresses the impact of seasonal happenings and how less mountain snowpack, earlier or reduced peak spring stream run-off flows, greater summer evaporation loss, drought and extreme weather events all have consequences that impact our water supply sources.
Judging will take place in 2014 and the winners of the poster contest receive prizes and are featured in the 2015 calendar. The Grand Prize winning poster is displayed for a year on the back of a city bus and on the calendar cover.
To obtain poster paper, activities related to the theme and entry forms, please contact the Water Conservation Office at (505) 955-4225. Additional information and directions can be found at www.santafenm.gov/waterconservation.
- All posters must be drawn horizontally (landscape) on 11x14 white poster paper.
- Students must work individually.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Trademarked, copyrighted or reproductions such as popular media games or television characters are not allowed.
- Depictions of the Earth should be used sparingly.
- All entry forms must be taped to the back of the poster and include name of student, name of school, contact information, and parent or guardian signature.
Last year’s Grand Prize Winner was Third Grader Tristan Lujan, from La Mariposa Montessori. Here’s photo of her entry: