Apply to Participate in the 2009 New Mexico Hispanic Youth Symposium
Would you like to:
* Compete for $14,000 in scholarships?
* Experience life on a college campus for four days and three nights?
* Meet new friends like you who are interested in going to college?
* Learn more about your culture?
* Learn about the college application process?
* Meet awesome college students and community leaders?
* Learn how to achieve a successful career?
If you answered yes to these questions, apply today to participate in the 2009 New Mexico Hispanic Youth Symposium.
Date and location:
July 15th - 18th, 2009
University of New Mexico
Deadline to apply is April 24th, 2009.
* Live and attend high school in the State of New Mexico
* Identify with the Hispanic and/or Native American cultures
* Be either a sophomore or junior in high school during the fall of 2009
* Have a 2.5 GPA or above
* Complete the online application and essay
* Pay a $10 personal investment fee (which can be waived upon request)
How to apply:
* With the help of a teacher, write a 1 - 2 page personal statement about a person you admire and how he or she has had a positive impact on your life. You can chose anyone you like, from a family member, to a friend, to an historical figure.
* Save an electronic version of your personal statement on your computer, or somewhere else so that you can easily access it.
* Go to http://symposiums.hispanicyouth.org/ and create an account.
* Once you have supplied all of the necessary information, copy and paste yourpersonal statement into the essay box.
* Once have completed the steps outlined above, click submit. After you submit your essay, you will not be able to modify it.
* You will receive confirmation of your acceptance into the program in the Spring of 2009.
For more information, visit the Hispanic Youth Institute website.