Call to the Community for Exhibit Theme Ideas for the Community Gallery
The City of Santa Fe Arts Commission’s Community Gallery at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center offers an open call to submit theme ideas for future programming of the Community Gallery. This call is to help the Arts Commission create and feature exhibits that appeal to the full community of Santa Fe in 2010 and beyond.
Exhibits will run for three months:
January - March
April - June
July - September
October - December
Exhibit themes should offer the widest inclusion for contemporary and traditional arts in all media from jewelry to furniture to ceramics, both 2-D and 3-D (and everything in between). Each theme will feature, on average, thirty artists per exhibit with each artist submitting one work for display and sale.
Exhibit themes contributed for consideration should meet at least three of the following five criteria:
1) Coordinate with significant local cultural or social events.
2) Provide an opportunity for local artists to expand their professional exhibition experience and enrich professional disciplines through meeting press demands, interacting with the public, performing demonstrations, assisting in workshops, etc.
3) Be grounded in some historical context which further defines the culture of Santa Fe and New Mexico.
4) Offer educational opportunities for the community to better understand local art, artists/artists, artistic processes or art history.
5) Collaborate with a minimum of two local community organizations to offer the widest inclusion of the public and create a synergistic forum for the advancement of the arts.
Submissions may be mailed to:
City of Santa Fe Arts Commission
PO Box 909
Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909
Attention: Gallery Manager
or emailed to email@example.com.
Submissions will be accepted through December 31, 2008 for 2010 exhibits.