Monday, November 18, 2019

Teen Recommends

Welcome to our inaugural Teen Recommends reviews by real teens in our community. Thank you to Wendy from Santa Fe High School for sharing her thoughts on these library resources that she highly recommends for other young readers. If you want to review some of your favorites to share, please go to https://santafelibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2019/11/TEEN-RECOMMEND.pdf to find the form to be turned in at your nearest SFPL location!


I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
Author: Yoru Jumino

            I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, look I know it sounds weird but it is really not. IWTEYP is a manga in which a sick girl whose pancreas is failing, meets an antisocial boy and create a great friendship. It made me emotional, hope it makes you emotional as well. :)

Reviewed by Wendy E. - Santa Fe High School      
Find I Want to Eat Your Pancreas at the library.



Call Me by Your Name
Author: André Aciman
Director: Luca Guadagnino

            Overall a good book and movie, both, very emotional and I also recommend watching Call Me by Your Name: Movie Soundtrack Explained online. The book and movie are about a summer fling between Elio and his parents’ summer guest. I must say, at first everything is okay, but then it hits you, it really does :( I really recommend both, they’ll change your life, I promise!

Reviewed by Wendy E. - Santa Fe High School
Find Call Me By Your Name at the library.



No comments: