Tuesday, March 15, 2011

eBooks Await

Amazon-kindle-gen2Are you curious about eBooks? We are too! We've been getting tons of requests for downloadable texts for your eReaders. Just to assure you, we're looking into options from various vendors for eBook subscriptions.

In the meantime, there are some stop-gap measures you can take. If you have an MP3 player or iPod, visit our One-Click Downloadable Audiobooks page and listen to some interesting titles. For free eBook options, we have listings on our About Books and Literature page. And while we're weighing our options, let us know what you're looking for in an eBook provider. Selection? Ease of download and transfer? New bestsellers or old classics? You can provide feedback in the comments section here, or email us at library@santafenm.gov.

Thanks for your patience, and we're looking forward to hearing from you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd very much like to be able to borrow downloaded ebooks from the library. Frankly, there are too many times of the year when it is unpredictable whether one can find parking in the lot at the downtown library, so there are large parts of the year when I simply don't visit. Having remote access to books would be a terrific service to us--and save gasoline as well.

Unknown said...

I would really value availability of ebooks for library loan. It's increasingly difficult to get to the physical library downtown because of uncertain parking there, and any driving that can be avoided is good. I'd be an eager Kindle user of ebook loans.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful addition library eBooks are to the eBook reader experience.

I have downloaded eBooks from the Albuquerque Library. The process of selection and download is seamless.

I strongly suggest selecting the epub format, and NOT the pdf format. Although, claims are made that the pdf format has improved "flow," I have found pdf to be static and unreadable on my reader.

Please consider only flexible formats.

wsalopek said...

My family and I anxiously await the ability to "check out" eBooks from the Santa Fe public library system.

Ideally:

1) ePub format.
2) accessible remotely thru the internet (no need to drive get the book).
3) "Best sellers" included in the list of available books.

Thanks!

NM Tarheel said...

I just read that Amazon now allows Kindles to down load e-books from libraries. I hope the Santa Fe Library has e-books soon!

Juliana

Matt Massena said...

Have a kindle and have pre-ordered the new Kindle Fire. I would love to see the public library get ebooks for the Kindle!

Anonymous said...

I have a vision problem that makes reading regular books difficult. When the kindle was first brought out, I fell in love. I'm on my 3rd kindle and have just about all the online readers available...all right I have 3. The point is - being able to read ebooks has brought a lot of joy back in my life. Besides there is the fact that ebooks are green!

But they are expensive. I hope the library is truly looking into having them available for us. Especially since the library was created to promote reading. Get into the 21st century and use the best resources available!