Thursday, August 12, 2010

Santa Fe Scavenger Hunt

SF ReporterI love cracking open the Santa Fe Reporter on Wednesdays and heading to the Outtakes section. In addition to making sure that I'm not quoted in the Eavesdropper, I like the Meme, the place where a picture truly is worth a thousand words. It's neat when I recognize the object in the photograph, and it's also neat when I then have a week to locate the object of visual humor / derision / irony.

This week, on page 10 of the Reporter, we're honored to be featured in one of those somewhat embarassing tableaux. The meme resides on the second floor of the Main Library. Since we see it every day, we've long meditated on its overall Kafkaesque uselessness. However, it never occured to us to share it with the wider world.

If you also participate in this kind of scavenger hunt, my apologies for ruining your weekly Meme. And to whomever noticed its ridiculousness enough to snap a photo of it, thank you!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad you enjoy Meme. Using it as a scavenger hunt is very inventive...there must be some way to turn this idea into a contest! —Julia Goldberg, Editor, Santa Fe Reporter

icarus@main said...

I especially like when the "scavenger hunt" is something like a license plate from Texas. It makes me realize that we live in a very cozy community.